Sunday 7 March 2010

Tamiya Citroen Avant CV11

With the decals dry and coated in Klear once more, I could finally set about, trashing.......... I mean, weathering the Citroen. I wanted an overall rusty look, just as you'd see with a car that had been hastily repainted in grey, not looked after, and then left to basically rot away. The grey paint would fade back, showing the light blue, and also the bare metal underneath. Then the bare metal would begin to oxidise. So I gave the whole car a wash of dilute Vallejo burnt umber from the Rust & Oil Pigment Set. As the wash was drying, I used a dry brush to create rain streaks.Then the rust areas had the same treatment as on the SD Kfz 250/10, see below. The holes on the wings looked especially effective (me thinks, anyway). The grill, as mentioned, received a variety of dry brushed silver enamel, and then more dry burnt umber pigment whilst the silver was still tacky. Then finally, everything had a muddy wash, as per every model i've made this year, by the way!!!.
Looking at the picture, I think I need a little more mud, and a little rust on the hub caps.
Seeing as the kit was fairly quick, just one sprue in the box, I might make another at sometime, but this time as a civilian owned model, and in concours condition, and display them in the same diorama.

No comments:

Post a Comment